The functionality for this is distributed as follows between five independent program modules:
- The Plant Manager of BANYnet Ethernet offers valuable support toward configuration of your plant through management of IP and MAC addresses, automatic generation of the plant display, and import and export functions.
- The Observer scans the network using various protocols, and displays safety-related changes in the network topology both in an overview and in a hierarchy.
- The Plant Diagnostics reads the configuration data as well as comprehensive message frame type and error statistics from the SNMP-capable network components, and provides information to assist searching for errors in the Ethernet network. Data such as bus load or lifelist are evaluated and displayed online.
- The Bus Analysis records the message frame traffic on one or more Ethernet buses synchronously, and interprets the message frames throughout all levels, including SIMATIC S7/PCS 7 and PROFINET. Comprehensive trigger, filter and sorting functions allow fast localization of errors.
- The Profibus Scope records the message frame traffic of a PROFIBUS network using a CP 5512, and interprets the message frames accordingly. Comprehensive trigger, filter and sorting functions allow fast localization of errors.