The continuous increase in energy prices is leading to higher operating costs and can pose a threat to a company's competitiveness.
The goal of our Power Management System is to optimize operating costs and increase plant availability.
As part of TIA and TIP it is fully integrated in the industrial technologies of production and process automation (SIMATIC PCS 7 and SIMATIC WinCC) from Siemens. This means lower costs of implementation and all the following benefits:
- Consistent product design
- Standard components
- Open interfaces
- Uniform operating philosophy
- System-tested, certified products
- Global availability in high Siemens quality
- Optimum support from Siemens hotline
In other words: With SIEMENS Power Management you can make full use of all the potential for optimization provided by a consistent power management solution.
The power management system comprises both hardware components and software components.
The hardware components are:
- communication-capable measuring devices such as
- the SENTRON PAC3200 multifunction measuring instrument,
- switching and protection devices (3 VL/ 3 WL)
- the SIMOCODE pro motor management system
- protection equipment such as SIPROTEC
- and diverse other communication-capable devices
The software components are:
- SIMATIC PCS 7 powerrate / SIMATIC WinCC powerrate as add-ons to SIMATIC PCS 7 and SIMATIC WinCC
- SIMATIC PCS 7 Library PAC3200 as driver / faceplate for SIMATIC PCS 7
- Switch ES Power
SIMATIC PCS 7 powerrate
SIMATIC WinCC powerrate
SIMATIC PCS 7 and WinCC powerrate are add-ons to PCS 7 and WinCC respectively and throw light on power consumption from the infeed to the load.
- Identification of power-intensive consumer devices and processes in order to introduce measures for improving power efficiency
- Comparison of consumption profiles for greater efficiency of process design
- Optimizing the company according to energy parameters based on an assessment of consumption and costs
- Complying with the contractually agreed power limit, thus preventing higher power supply costs or penalty payments
SIMATIC PCS 7 Library PAC 3200
The SIMATIC PCS 7 Library PAC 3200 enables optimum integration of the SENTRON PAC3200 multifunction measuring instrument in SIMATIC PCS 7.
Switch ES Power
Shared software platform for communication-capable SENTRON 3WL and SENTRON 3VL circuit breakers:
- Parameterization, documentation, operation and monitoring in one software
- Clear representation of all available parameters
- All the available status information and measured values are displayed in dialog boxes
- One software for SENTRON 3WL and SENTRON 3VL